Integrated Close Combat Forum

A family oriented self defense, preparedness, survival, and basic first-aid forum.
It is currently 24 Apr 2017 12:06

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ICCF

Due to excessive spam, the administrator must approve all registrants, our apologies for the inconvenience.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Blazer Brass Ammo Issue
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015 15:04 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 89 time
Whether this is a new issue or not I don't know but a friend just informed me about this so I am passing it along...you be the judge.

According to Mike Schaeper of Cold Bore Tactical, LLC, Blazer Brass bullets are shedding their jackets to the extent that they are creating an unsafe environment. Reference his write-up and picture: Blazer Brass Ammunition will not be allowed for any Defensive Courses of Fire due to jacket separation issues

In my opinion, this seems more of a PIA than a safety concern. With that said, were I running a class I'd ban it based upon this issue. It's simply not right, it's not supposed to do that ergo the bullets are defective and therefore should not be used until this problem is rectified.

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]