Integrated Close Combat Forum

A family oriented self defense, preparedness, survival, and basic first-aid forum.
It is currently 24 Apr 2017 12:04

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to ICCF

Due to excessive spam, the administrator must approve all registrants, our apologies for the inconvenience.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: New Members (<= POST YOUR INTRO HERE!!!)
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 15:16 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 89 time
Greetings and welcome to the NEW ICCF. Please post an introduction and tell us a bit about yourself...

ICCF is YOUR forum now, please use it as a forum isn't a forum unless there's social interchange...

...and if you like what you see, please spread the word. The more the merrier and the more we have to learn from and with :D

Post subject: Re: New Members (Intro yourself here)
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 15:51 
Site Admin

I guess I'll set the example...

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :cry: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :cry: :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen: :| :arrow: :idea: :?: :!: :roll: :twisted: :evil:

Hello All,

Please allow me to introduce myself; I am Ken a.k.a. kilogulf59 and thank you for allowing me to join this most essential and edifying group.

For a bit about me, I am just a typical middle-aged gent who is, and always has been, interested in weapons (from lapel daggers to ICBMs) and their usage, integrated close combat methods with and without weapons, general and reasonable preparedness, and all things of that nature. In addition, I maintain a great fondness for history, the written word, classic films, and little hunting and fishing tossed in as well. Oh and I love to cook (and eat).

I am somewhat of a political activist/US Constitutionalist (especially the 2nd Amendment), and nationalist, furthermore, I am involved with the following organizations or groups:

For an insight into my mindset and therefore my thought process, personally I believe in simplicity and the common sense approach in all areas, to include preparedness and confrontational management. It is my express opinion that true combat is not esoteric nor is it convoluted…it is unpretentious, fleeting, and extremely brutal and that “man is THE weapon, everything else is simply an object”. As founder and administrator of the Integrated Close Combat Forum, which is a free and nonprofit site dedicated to the education of the layperson and professional-at-arms alike, I have striven to emphasize this methodology.

I will tell you that I am significantly influenced by the teachings of some of the true innovators in the Combatives field. “Shooting to Live” is my Old Testament and “Kill Or Get Killed” my New Testament, so to speak and no blasphemy intended. Of course, that would make Lt. Col. Fairbairn, Maj. Sykes, Col. Applegate, Col. Askins, Col. Jordan, S.A. Brice, Maj. Grant-Taylor, et al, the disciples should I maintain the religious analogy.

As far as my personal background is concerned, I was born and raised in Chicago so, by default, I unfortunately learned a little “confrontational management” the hard way; on the streets, mainly in what not to do…like bleed. My training experience includes Modern Arnis, Miyama Ryu Jujutsu, and FSA style combatives. Formal handgun education was initially through the Chicago P.D. Explorer Program in my youth, later as an adult I attended classes taught by a retired Chicago P.D. Firearms, NRA Certified, and Chapman Academy Instructor and the FSA combat shooting skills that I have learned on my own and with the guidance of a few select instructors in the field. Formal rifle training with the American Legion as a youngin’ and as an adult with the great Appleseed Project, which is the best training around.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012 14:34 

Have thanks: 10 time
This is Leighton Pharr, I was known as ldp4570 on the old ICCF site. I look forward to seeing this one grow. My son Alexander will also be coming over to help out the younger shooters that are interested in all things firearms related. We both look forward to seeing and getting to know everyone.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012 19:10 

Have thanks: 10 time
First off, my name is Leighton D. Pharr, most have known me on the other forum as ldp4570. I've used my first name here. I'm retired from the US Army(21yrs), first ten in the Infantry, part of which was in the Airborne, and the rest in mech Infantry. My remaining time in the Army was spent as EOD. During my military time I studied several different martial arts, and earned a second Dan in Shotokan Karate under sensie John Bolosan. After my military service I went into Law Enforcement with the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department. I served there for five years before working federal security service for the CDC in Atlanta. I then moved out to Oklahoma to work at the US Army ammunition plant in McAlester Ok. Then I served for two years in Iraq destroying all of Saddam's ordnance stockpiles. I was wounded there in a carbomb attack, and have been disabled since, having to go through three surgeries on my cervical spine to fuse four vertabre in my neck.

I have been shooting firearms since I was five years old, and have had a love for them since. I also collect and use knives and other bladed instruments. I have a very understanding wife who shares my love of firearms and steel, and we have two children, one son an one daughter who both like the same. My son is on his way to becoming a great marksman, he already compete's in local match's, and state. My daughters interest in shooting is just for fun now, but soon the training will focus more on defensive style shooting, as I don't ever want her to feel or become a victim!

I look forward to getting to know all on here, learn what I can, and pass along what I can.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012 15:17 

Have thanks: 3 time
Hi all,
my name is Leo, i'm a Brit interested in self defence and the martial arts.
I look forward to learning loads and enjoying my stay here!

Post subject: New Guy from Near Chicago
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012 16:51 

Have thanks: 0 time
My name is Chris...I'm a regular guy from the Chicago suburbs interest in home and personal defense. I trained on rifles in the US Army Reserve and have taken a basic handgun course. I'm interested in learning more and developing my ability to defend myself and others.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012 20:00 

Have thanks: 16 time
I am bulletman. My alias is Jessie Clark. If you don't know me you are one of the chosen few.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012 07:10 

Have thanks: 27 time
Good day. Retired educator with 35 years of service. Grew up shooting after being introduced to it by the Boy Scouts. Became an instructor (in my younger days) and worked at a few camps during the college years. Got away from the sport during my years teaching and performing (classical & jazz musician). Got back into the sport during my last few years in education and have moved into reloading and other aspects of the sport. I love the .45 colt and .45 acp plateform; thus I do carry a Ruger SR 1911.

"The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair." -John Dean "Jeff" Cooper. The Old Wizard of Tech/Firearms @ http://www.gandalfdjh.com/ and/or http://goodcoffeeguns.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012 07:56 

Have thanks: 4 time
I everyone! I'm a married Christian woman living in East Tennessee. I am Conservative to the bone and praying for our country to turn around to the Constitution.

Post subject: Re: New Guy from Near Chicago
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012 07:58 
Site Admin

Welcome!

Spread the word...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]